Shell-Clad is a well established method of adding continuous, mural type graphics to the wall of almost any type of aluminium shell scheme.
A continuous 'run' of graphics covering the walls of the shell scheme provides a higher-impact when compared to a series of individual panels, broken up by the upright posts of the stand.
How does Shell-Clad work...
Shell-Clad adapters are simple snap-on plastic clips that attach directly to the upright aluminium posts of your shell scheme.
The face of each Shell-Clad adapter is covered in velcro so graphic panels can fasten directly to them. Each graphic panel is printed to a specific size depending on the shell scheme so that they span from the centre of one upright post to the centre of the next upright post. Special adapters are used to secure panels into the corners of stands where two walls converge.
Graphic panels for use with Shell-Clad adapter clips can be printed onto a range of materials as follows:
- Heavyweight polyester film with crystal lamination - 450 microns thickness. Panels are printed in sections and can be rolled.
- 5mm Foamex Panels - 5mm thick PVC sheet material. A very smooth graphic finish as with Magi-Clad but panels must be transported flat (transit sized van required). Foamex panels can support objects like small TV screens, shelves etc by screwing/fastening directly to them
- Fabric 'Fabri-Clad' Graphics - Fabri-Clad graphics are printed in one continuous piece rather than as a series of individual panels. There are no seams or joins between panels and graphics can be folded for transport.
- Magi-Clad Graphic Panels - Panels are backed onto a 4mm thick rollable corrugated plastic. Extra rigidity provides the smoothest graphic finish. Magi-Clad panels have the benefits of a rigid panel but in a format that can be rolled for convenient transport / storage. Please note there is a £60 charge per panel for this material.
For advice and further information regarding the different graphic material options for use with Shell-Clad adapter clips, please call/email and we will be happy to help.
Is Shell-Clad compatible with all kinds of shell scheme
It is possible to purchase Shell-Clad adapters and graphic panels for most aluminium shell schemes throughout the world but Shell-Clad is not a one size, fits all solution.
There are two main types of Shell Clad adapter available which are colour coded. When ordering Shell-Clad we will work with you to establish the correct type of adapters needed for your particular shell scheme and we will ensure that graphic panels are produced to the correct dimensions to fit.
Although many shell schemes use a common graphic size, it is not necessarily the case that one set of graphics produced for one shell scheme system will be cross-compatible with a shell scheme from a different supplier.
If you expect to exhibit at multiple events throughout the year and can furnish us with information about the shell schemes you have booked then we can establish if your Shell-Clad adapters and panels will be a re-useable, cost-effective option for you.
Please see our Shell-Clad downloads for more information on Shell-Clad compatibility and installation. For obligation-free help and advice, please call or email and one of our team can assist.
- No Solvents (VOC's) used in printing process
- Compatible with some aluminium shell schemes
- Yes (panels cover stand walls with no gaps)
- Not recommended for outdoor use
Shell Clad Installation (48 Kb)
Shell Clad Power Supply (117 Kb)
Shell Clad Panel Size (212 Kb)
Shell Clad Gallery (492 Kb)
Facia Panels Important (3,030 Kb)
If you have very precise colour matching requirements for your artwork then we recommend purchasing a reduced-scale hard copy proof prior to printing the finished article.