Foamex board is a lightweight, rigid PVC based material and is ideal for sign and display panels. Foamex is perfect for indoor applications at trade shows and events although it is also robust enough for exterior use, being immune to rain and resistant to wind and sunlight.
Printdesigns can print directly onto foamex at any custom dimensions up to a maximum sheet size of 3 Metres x 2 Metres. Our high resolution Vutek GS Pro flat bed printer uses eco-friendly LED lamps to cure liquid ink directly onto the surface of the foamex.
We carry stock of 2, 3, 5 and 10mm thickness foamex board.
Recommended thicknesses of foamex
- For panels less that 60cm long on both axis, we recommend - 2mm, 3mm, 5mm or 10mm foamex
- For panels 60-100cm long on either axis, we recommend - 3mm, 5mm or 10mm foamex
- For panels 100cm long or more on either axis, we recommend - 5mm or 10mm foamex
Foamex is a semi rigid material. We recommend the larger the print size, the thicker the foamex should be. The information below is a guideline only.
Our foamex boards are trimmed accurately and neatly using one of our Zund flatbed digital cutting machines. We have the capability to contour cut your foamex panels and there is usually no additional charge for this service.
Printdesigns also supply a range of products including double sided tape, velcro and stand-off fixings for wall-mounting your foamex panels on request.
Important Information - Delivery of foamex sheets
Safely transporting very large foamex sheets via overnight courier is not possible as they are too fragile. For orders of foamex boards exceeding 150cm on either axis we cannot offer delivery. Please choose in-store collection only when placing an order.
Orders received for panels larger than 150cm need to be collected or we can quote separately for a same day van and driver delivery to your chosen address.
- No Solvents (VOC's) used in printing process
- UV - Direct to board printing - 1080dpi
- Fire rated (BS 476: Part 7:Class1Y) - suitable for display in public areas.